At PhilipBishop.co.uk we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of our clients and site visitors. This privacy statement covers the information we collect when you visit our website or use our services. For all our services, the data controller is Philip Bishop Ltd.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways. We use your contact details to:
- Send you information via email - we only do this with your permission to help keep you up to date on events, movement tips and special offers.
- Prevent fraud against you and us. We might ask you to confirm some of your payment details to make sure that no one is using your account information without you knowing.
How we use your personal information
- We may need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. You requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can decline to provide the information, but if you were to do that we may not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a "legitimate interest" in collecting this information, because without it we couldn't do our job effectively and safely.
- It is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your movement health care.
Storage of your information
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 7 years after your most recent appointment but after this period your records will be destroyed.
Your records are stored:
- on paper, in a locked filing cabinet, and the premises is always locked out of working hours.
- on our office computers. These are password-protected, backed up regularly, and the premises are locked out of working hours.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment.
- Other administrative staff, such as our accountant. However, they will not have access to your name or medical notes.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Sharing your information
- We only share your contact details with marketing agencies and service providers such as mailchimp that assist us in delivering our newsletters.
- To stop marketing from PhilipBishop.co.uk, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us or contact us at email@example.com. If you do either of the above we will update your preferences so that you do not receive any further newsletters from us.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete or change any personal information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we may have handled any privacy matter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our privacy statement
We may make changes to this page occasionally reflecting how we use and process your data. If we make any significant changes to our privacy statement we will ensure that you are kept up to date via our website or email so that you are able to review the changes before continuing to use our website.
We respect your privacy.